Some of the important rules are:-
• Students must attend the institute at the prescribed time and date. Late comers will not be allowed to attend the classes for that day.
• A minimum of 75% attendance is strictly to be maintained by every student in every semester. Failure on this part will disqualify the student in semester exam.
• Students must follow ALL NOTICES issued by the University and the institute carefully, without fail and it is their responsibility to comply with the instructions given in all notices or face the consequences.
4) Students must pay the University Development fund fees in time.
A detailed calendar of academic and related activities is published at the beginning of each year and is followed rigorously. Each academic year is divided in two semesters autumn and spring. At the conclusion of each semester, and end semester examination is conducted as per program announced by the Controller of Examinations. The performance and evaluation comprise distinct components.
• Assignments/Project Reports once submitted by students to NIMS, will not be returned to them. They must keep one copy for their record always.
• Students must carry i) Original Admit Card ii) Original Registration Certificate of WBUT, to the Examination Hall, if not he/she will be expelled by the WBUT authority, from the Examination Hall.
RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY (NIMS)
1) Students cannot use mobile/cell phone in class or during class hours anywhere within the college premises. The cell phone may be confiscated if a student is found using the same anytime within 8:00 am – 11:30 am.
2) All students shall be given a punch card, which may be used as identify card as well.
3) If a student fails to bring his punch card, he will be marked absent even if he attends all the classes.
4) If the Punch Card is lost by any student, a FIR copy must be submitted along with an application and a fine of Rs. 100/- Thereafter a duplicate Punch Card will be issued. Third Punch Card may issued after payment of Rs. 150/-
5) A student may remain absent only once a week. In case of second absenteeism (in the same week) a fine of Rs. 20/- will be charged (unless appropriate Medical Certificate is provided )
6) MINIMUM 90% ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL THE STUDENTS AT ALL CLASSES/TUTORIALS, NO EXCUSES SHALL BE ACCEPTABLE.
7) No leave of absence will be granted without a previous written application from the students or parents and shall be fined. Absence, on account of birthdays, marriage-feasts and similar reasons, is discouraged.
8) Students are not allowed leave the school premises without the permission of the authority. A boy/girl who is absent for more than 14days without prior sanction of the authority is liable to have his/her name struck off the NIMS rolls.
9) A list of holidays for the current year is attached to this booklet. All students are expe4cted to attend college on the re-opening day after each vacation. Parents are requested not to take their children on vacation before the last working day preceding the vacation or to extend these vacations.
10) Any student leaving home town/or Kolkata must get prior approval from the authority and a written application is necessary from the student signed by parent to avoid any complications. Any holiday/vacation is not a matter of right Management's decision is final and to be followed by all concerned at NIMS.
11) Any student who reports late to college for more than once a week, shall be sent home as the second day of late coming (in the same week)
12) If any student is late for more than 4 times in a month, stern action may be taken against him.
13) A student may be suspended if he reports late to college for 3 days within the same week.
The college timing is from 8:00 am to 11:30 am.
Lunch Break 10:00 am to 10:15 am.
OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1) All students must carry the Punch Card/ I – Card issued by NIMS.
2) If any absence scribbling is found on the Record/Book, Attendance Register, or on the walls of the Class Rooms or toilet, stern action may be taken against the class or the Class Representatives.
3) The students should select two Class Representatives to represent their views to the authority/Management.
4) The Management has the full authority to expel any student for disinterest in studies, misbehaviour and continuous failure or absenteeism and also for non-payment of fees, dues. The decision of Director is final and binding in this regard.
RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE LIBRARY :
1) Reference books are not to be issued.
2) Books cannot be issued for more than 7 days. Books that are issued cannot be re-issued again ( for second time) . They may be re-issued only after an interval of 3 weeks.
3) Members/Students are fully responsible for the books they borrow from library.
4) Students should be sure of the ‘Membership Number' before borrowing books from the library.
5) In case of damage or loss of library books, double the cost (of present price of the book)will be charged.
6) If library books are not returned within 7 days from the date of the issue, a fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be charged from the last day of return.
7) Before borrowing books, students should ensure that they are in good condition.
8) If books are not retuned in time (7 days) before Examination he/she will not be allowed to appear for WBUT/SEM/Final Examinations.
DRESS CODE -
Boys : This being a Management Institute all the male students will come to classes with shirts tucked in, and clean – shaven. They must wear trousers with matching Shirt (full/half sleeve) with polished shoes and socks. No student is allowed to come with chappals or long hair. Students should avoid dying hair as far as possible.
Girls : Salwar Kameez or trousers with shirt or any appropriate, sober dress.